“Sole Food from Nasha’s Kitchen”
Recipe from Dr. Nasha
This is a super fast and super delicious meal that is loaded with seasonal veggies and quality fats!
- Wild caught Alaskan Sole
- 1 bunch of organic asparagus
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS capers
- Sea salt to taste
- 5 heaping TBS of ghee or butter
- 4 heaping TBS of brown butter ghee
- Almond flour for thickening
In one skillet sauté 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic in 5 TBS of ghee on medium heat (don’t let the butter smoke or brown) then add juice of one lemon.
In second skillet, lightly sauté whole stalks of asparagus in a little bit of the brown butter until bright green, pull out of the skillet and lay half the stalks on one sole fillet and the other stalks on the other sole fillet. Role the sole around the asparagus and lay the fish and veggies into the center of the sauté pan with all of the garlic/lemon butter, put heat on low, cover and “steam/simmer” for 2-3 minutes on either side.
- The brown butter, lemon, caper sauce
Back in second skillet add in brown butter, capers and lemon, heat until capers start to pop, sift in a little almond flour and continuously stir to thicken.
- The ghee, lemon and garlic sauce
On each plate place a handful of arugula, a few sliced tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil drizzled over the top. Place the asparagus-stuffed sole on the plate and drizzle the caper, lemon brown butter sauce over the top.
- Link to difference between brown butter, ghee and regular butter: http://www.epicurious.com/ingredients/difference-between-clarified-butter-ghee-brown-butter-article
- Where to get brown butter ghee (my favorite is Tin Star brand if you don’t want to make it yourself): https://www.tinstarfoods.com/ —offers up a richer flavor